Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2015

HST pilows

It's always nice to remember your old projects, especially the ones that are not with you anymore.


These pillows were a gift for my brothers girlfriend. He wanted to give her some nice decorative pillows and so I could not refuse making them.


And it was actually my first try at quilty pillows. Confession time: I got addiction. They are so simple to make but looks so nice and this is quite a fast project.


Also this was my first time working with HST, but since I had a reference and some nice inspiration I immediately decided on the pattern. I was inspired by Jeni Bakers Half-Square Triangle Block of the Month, it's an old post, but I love this quilt and I dream of making it completely, but for these pillow I used

February

and August blocks.

As soon as they were made I had to give them away, so glad I snapped few pictures while I could.


After this project I fell in love with HST, they have so much perspective in quilt projects. And have you heard? Jeni Baker is publishing a book on HSTs. Since I don't really have a way to get them in my countrys bookstore, I still plan to get it some way, because I do believe this book is going to be great!

Have a nice HST time,
Dovile

No comments:

Post a Comment