Pages

Wednesday 8 April 2015

First Swap experience!

Finally I participated in a swap. I've been searching for one for a while. And just around December I found one on Instagram. Theme of this swap was a #rainbowminiswap.  International participants were welcomed so I jumped right in. And now when it's almost over I can say that my first experience was amazing. Kate Basti was the organizing this one, and everything was amazing. I got every information I needed. I knew I could ask my swap mama Tiffany anything and she would gladly help me.

I knew my partner was into hexagons so I decided to try the modern hexies technique. I've been meaning to try a tutorial from Modern Handcraft. And so this is what it turned out into.


I'm so in love with this technique, can't wait to try something else.
And my mini is still on the way to my partner, I hope she likes it.


I also made few extras. This one is my favorite. Mini hexie strap. It's from denim.

And on Saturday morning my mini came. I unpacked it in seconds to see what amazing job I got. And I couldn't be any happier.


It was made by Jennifer. She blogs at Quilter in the Closet. She did such an amazing job, I love it so much. All those tiny squares. I can't actually stop admiring her work. I was really blessed to get such partner.


Even the backing is amazing.


Some fabric from USA was in order. Love them, don't know what to make. Thinking about a pillow or some potholders or maybe even a mini. So much possibilities.


And all the extra she sent me, I love it. I wondered if I should wait to photograph my chocolate.

And if that was it, I wish. Few days latter I signed on another swap on IG. This one is called Beach Bound Mini Quilt Swap. Meredith is organizing it if you want to join.(Sign Ups open till 04.15)

Best Wishes, Dovile

No comments:

Post a Comment