Pages

Wednesday 20 May 2015

Side Braid Quilt

Well the biggest part of my collage work is over, so to celebrate that let me share a quilt. Actually it's one hell of a WIP. I made the top quite fast, but quilting it was a problem, I still can't birng myself to start it. Probably because there is only one big quilt that I have quilted with my machine, so I'm afraid it might be difficult for me.

But anyways, here it is:


My Side Braid Quilt from Jeni Bakers patterns. This is one of my favorite quilts from her patterns, it's so easy to piece and looks so fun. Of course small Side Braid Quilt is awesome too, and that one is in my list too.


I made a mistake choosing the fabrics. I think this pattern would look a lot more awesome with brighter colors. Since I don't have a lot of experience I tried not to go overboard with color combo and that was my mistake, it all looks same. But I hope to fix that while I'll do the quilting.


The best thing about this quilt is how fast it came together and the finished look is quite amazing (not considering my fabric choosing).


I made this quilt in twin size, but I plan to give it to my mom to use it as a lap quilt. But we'll see, because first I have to finish this one old WIP.



I will be traveling to my home town today and guess what that means. Well I'll get to work on my warm-cool quilt. I plan to piece the triangles on these few days that I'll be there.

Best wishes,
Dovile

No comments:

Post a Comment